Monday, May 18, 2009

Learning about Web 2.0

I think that it is great when parents want to learn about a world that seems so easy to their children. Those who have grown up with computers find using them so easy that they can take it for granted. For those who did not grow up with computers, our comfort with them and our willingness to explore varies from person to person. I remember the first computer I came in contact with. I was in eighth grade. I can't tell you what we used it for (yes there was only one), but I remember it. High school was programming. College was programming and word processing. As I write, those things seem somewhat boring, but I was interested and pursued the use of computers in education. Now it's totally different and we all have to be will to take the time to learn. That might mean attending a workshop, joining a social network to get new ideas or reading blogs about Web 2.0. It's an interactive playing field and that's just what we have to do...PLAY!

What do you think?

22 comments:

  1. This is informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think adults unfortunately are too inhibited to play. It was interesting that nobody went ahead and clicked on the computer while you were talking. Perhaps you need to be more ADHD in order to multitask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lot more fun than the old punchcards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been playing the whole time, which is exactly why I don't understand how you can Twitter and listen at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to "Anonymous" above I say, we were all looking at the pages off the outline while the lecture was in progress...that IS the idea..exploration, input, multi-tasking WHILE paying attention... Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very innovative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do I sinc my blackberry to my Mac?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I posted all day, I fear my family would starve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is anyone out there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. is there a way to learn more about interacting with your ipod and camera vis a vis the computer?Also, perhaps some other practical applications?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally ignored computers when I was in school (the prehistoric era). Now I'm paying the price- my 12 year old is light years ahead of me.
    I should know more than I do(including how to type).

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so easy to get sucked into sitting at the computer for long stretches, but then when do I get time to do "real" stuff like garden, knit and read books? I'm really comfortable with Jurassic Technology. Guess what when I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to get over the reticence I have about talking to people I don't know and can't see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah,
    We love your blog! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm familiar with some of this information. It would be great if there were levels. Thanks you for taking the time! It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was informative. Thank you for spending time sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is so much information. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm perhaps one day I will be a creator and not just consume

    ReplyDelete